Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lifeguarding

Yes, i have the classic high school job as a lifeguard. Basically, we're certified creepers; but we save lives....nbd.
I'm not exactly sure what "inspired" be to become a lifeguard, but it really doesn't matter. All i know is that I'm now one of the "wwwaaaaaaaaallllkk," shouting, sunglass-tanlined cliches that annoyed me to no end only 5 years ago.
I really like my job my job, it's technically just "sitting" and cleaning, but i've learned a ton about people in general since that first lovely day i sat "in chair." You learn a lot by staring at people for hours on end. Such as kids running around aimlessly without adult supervision to people that think pull ups on the lap pool starting blocks is somehow excercise, to the absolute cutest little noms. I'll probs post more about lifeguarding "enlightenments" about people interacting with people and pool equipment that isn't theirs.....but they'll break it to get their swim cap back from the drain...jerk offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment